Saturday, April 12, 2008

Only Winners

I am behind on putting up new interviews, as 1. I cut my left hand with my very sharp new Cutco knives (fabulous knife--cut me to the bone!) and nearly bled to death (well, slight exaggeration, but there was a LOT of blood.) 2. I started a new diet and my brain is losing weight first as I go through my detox 3. I got my first cold in who knows how many years. God blessed me in the years I taught school and then had four boys one after another, by building up super immunities in me. It must be finally running out, as this cold has put me down. I can barely think straight.

BUT, we have a winner of the Daughters of Faith books! Julie emailed me back that yes, yes, yes, she has a 10-year-old daughter and she will take those books! Kim emailed me that she received the Teen set from Wendy Lawton and they are awesome. I would love for everyone to win, but that can't happen, so hopefully, at least you are now aware of these great books and you'll think of them when you need to get a gift or if you want to suggest the librarian order them (most libraries will allow you to request them.)

Marilynn Griffith received the beautiful doll, so now it is time to move on. It was a wonderful contest, but I will let you know if Wendy chooses any of the fabulous ideas left by you who left comments. She is investigating at least a couple of them. She has a strict criteria for who the girl can be, so it is a process of elimination.

On the 15th, look for Amy Wallace to go up. I also have this list to come:
Sharon Souza
Kim Vogel
Debbie Thomas
Kathy Mackel
Vonda Skelton
J.M. Hochstetler
Annie Jones

and many more who I've contacted, and am waiting on various pieces of the kiddie puzzle.

To finish up this whole thing, can you tell me what your favorite book was a kid?

This is such a hard question. I loved this series of biographies about children in history in my classroom library, but I also loved Key to the Treasure by Peggy Parish. I loved Native American stories and missionary stories and since I went to a Christian school, I read about and studied many Bible characters and my favorites were Joseph and Esther. I loved any animal story and my favorite was Looney Coon about this pet raccoon owned by this man and woman who rescued him, raised him and all the funny things he got into.

My very favorite stories were the ones my 1st generation American mother told me about herself, her parents, grandparents and relatives coming to America from Norway and Sweden, homesteading up by the Lake of the Woods in Minnesota and the tragic and funny things that happened. Those were the best stories of all.

We all have family stories and those are the best stories of all.

1 comment:

Georgiana Daniels said...

Ouch! Is your cut all healed up yet? Sounds quite painful.